09 January 2013

Pregnancy Week 8

It's hard to act like you're completely normal when you have all these hormones going crazy, giving your body gradual change. I can't act like i'm fine when i'm actually vomiting every day even after being on meds.

It's extremely difficult to keep such a big secret inside of you for weeks from your family and friends but this time, my husband and i have decided to keep it in the down low, since our first pregnancy ended up with an early miscarriage.  We are praying that our little one can make it through this time.

What's going on with me

This week, i did progress a bit, thanks to the unexpected trip to Huddinge sjukhuset. I was getting a bit worried and thought i needed an ultrasound just to see if  the embryo is fine. Well, my previous gynecologist told me after the miscarriage that if i get pregnant next time, she recommends that i get an ultrasound done by week 6 just to make sure that the embryo is continuing to grow. The gynecologist I ended up with this time around told me that im only 8 weeks, with no pain or bleeding, so an uncomfortable ultrasound would be unneccessary. Throwing up just means there's a lesser chance of a miscarriage.

So since i lost 4 kg in a week from vomiting just about everything, i finally got some meds. Lergigan comp and Lergigan.  They seem to help a bit. At least i can keep certain Foods down. Vomiting however will not go away. I wonder how long it will be this way. Let's hope it doesn't continue the entire 9 months.

Baby's progress

Looking on the bright side....my buddy inside, now the side of a kidney bean, is doing great. At least someone feels good! Now her/ his fingers are forming...how amazing is that....i cant believe theres someone inside of me going through so many changes so fast!

No comments:

Post a Comment