09 January 2013

Pregnancy Week 15 (2nd trimester)

What a milestone! I made it through the first 3 months and today marks the beginning of my 2nd trimester! I feel absolutely fantastic and I hope baby does too.

Today has been a wonderful day!  I remember in the middle of my first trimester I was craving all these summer fruits that were impossible to find in any grocery store here.  All these exotic tropical fruits.  Well, it's December, snowing like crazy outside and as I walk in the supermarket I see all the fruits I have been craving for weeks all on the same row.  It was so incredibly pleasant to see!  I got my green hard mangoes, litchis, sour starfruits, juicy watermelon, and promegrenate.  I never felt so glad in my life.  Carrying heavy loads of fruits over the snowy hilltops was definitely worth it today. Walking up a hill with a big fat watermelon felt like running a mile afterwards though.  I was breathless!

I went to see my midwife today and she gave me these 2 important papers that I'm suppose to take the day of the delivery.  I finally found out my blood group (A+) and she said all the test results came out normal.  I got my time to do the ultrasound.  That would be one month from now.  Can't wait!  I also found out that my midwife is pregnant! I'm only 3 months and she's like 5 and a half.  Pretty cool.  Her bump sure shows it.

How am I feeling?

Much better than 3 weeks ago.  I have gradually progressed and I finally gained about 1.5kg last week.  So I'm catching up.  I think my frequent intake of fruits and nuts are really helping me recover faster.  I have more energy now.

The part that sucks is even though I eat a lot of fruits with fiber I hardly go to the bathroom except for peeing.  No wonder my tummy is the size of a freakin melon.  It better not be smashing my baby.

Foods I eat..

Let's hope that hyperemesis nightmare doesnt come get me again.  While I was going through so much vomiting the only thing I was able to take in was yogurt and potatoes.  Now the list has improved.

I get my day's portion of protein (eggs, salmon, chicken breast, dried nuts), Fruits n vegetables (I eat a lot of fruits, and mostly greens n carrots for vegies), whole grains and starches , dairy (milk, cheese and low fat yogurt).  I eat every 1.5hours to avoid sickness and i never drink liquid and solids together.  I still have to get into a good habit of drinking more water.

How's baby?

How's my baby? I'm asking myself the same thing.  I really don't know.  I read all these weekly pregnancy sites and thats about as much information I can get.  I know that it can hear now....and eat (through some amniotic sac).  All I know is it's the size of an orange and it feels like it. My waist is much thicker.  I have a slight bump and I bloat like crazy so if you combine my bloaty tummy with the little bump I actually look 4 whole months preggo!  Thanks to gas.

No comments:

Post a Comment