09 January 2013

Pregnancy Week 17

Dear Baby,

you feel like a giant watermelon inside of me, but according to the weekly pregnancy websites you are about the size of a turnip and you weigh 5 ounces.  So it's really hard to blame you for my huge bump that looks more like a week 25 bump.  I still love you.

People are assuming I'm having twins by the size of my belly but I know for sure it's just one.  At least that's what I saw earlier back in week 9.  Your newly developed hands and feet were moving so fast it looked so adorable! I just can't wait to see you in 2 weeks.  I miss seeing your tiny energetic body.  I know it won't be the same this time around though.  You have grown so much over the past several months, baby.  This time your daddy will be seeing you too...for the very first time.  I wonder what's going through his mind...

You've been sending me light flutters here and there you know...Especially during movie nights when I'm with your dad and your 2 crazy uncles. It's a wonderful feeling.  Can't wait to feel you kick!

Now that you have developed ears that are finally in place, you probably hear things...like mommy's voice...the one who giggles a lot and sometimes sings to you...and some other familiar voices.  The loudest one is going to be your daddy's voice! Don't worry, you'll love him!

I have some sad news for you this week.  Your great grandpa passed away yesterday morning in Bangladesh.  May his soul rest in peace.  He would have been so delighted to see you! So mommy has been reciting a lot of duas for your great grandpa lately.  Your grandparents will be leaving for Bangladesh in a couple of days, and they are very heartbroken.  Hopefully when they come back safely, you can be the one to cheer them up and fill their hearts with warmth and joy again.

Your grandparents in the US ask about you every single day.  They are so excited.  They have been having these beautiful dreams about playing with you.  You are the biggest thing they are looking forward to right now.  Their first grandchild.  You will be so special, baby.  Your grandmama already started buying things for you!  You will be one spoiled baby.

To wrap it up, I'm doing just fine thank you.  Just occasional vomiting.  Yup.  Need to throw up at least twice a week.  Other than that I'm good.  I eat normally now, but I have major heartburn. I feel heavier obviously, and my clothes are tight so it's time for me to get some maternity dresses.

Talk to you next week! 

No comments:

Post a Comment