13 January 2013

Pregnancy week 19

I'm extremely worried.  I have been getting a lot of rest the past couple of days.  Lots of sleep and eating my way through the day, yet I haven't gained a single kg.  what's going on? My mom is trying to calm me down telling me not to worry and actually consider myself lucky.  She was the same way when she was pregnant with me.  My dad, however, is freaking out.  He's saying it's not healthy to stay the same weight that I should at least gain a bit each week, which is true.  I don't know what to think.

On the bright side, my bump has grown noticibly huge during this month.  So I definitely look pregnant (with this week 35-lookin bump) but I am not gaining any weight.  Help! My husband and I will be taking our first trip to the clinic for our very first ultrasound.  I am so nervous.  I've been praying that our baby is healthy.  That's all we care for.  Throwing up every morning might be the reason I'm still stuck at the same weight.  Compared to first trimester, however, I have gained about 4kg total, but I was 4kg underweight at the time.  This is completely out of my control.  I am trying really hard to eat healthy fats and eat and drink a lot but there's only so much I can take in.  At the end of the day I feel like I will explode.  My bellybutton begins to slowly protrude out, but in the morning I see it back in again, and bigger than usual.  My bump is round and hard.  I think baby moved up a bit.  I can feel my little munchkin moving every day.  Before it used to be only at night but now he/she started moving in the mornings too.  I just hope baby is ok.  I pray every day for good health.

This week has been a very calm week.  I've been trying to think of a good baby name but I need to know if it's going to be a boy or a girl.  Before wanting to know any of that, I really want to know if my baby is healthy.  I'm trying my best to take care of this lil one...but it's all up to God.

I will end my week 19 post here.  Tomorrow will be the big day when we get to see baby inside of me.    Fingers are crossed.  I am nervous and excited all at the same time.  Have no idea what to expect and what to ask the doctor! I will keep you guys updated! Talk to ya tomorrow!

2 comments:

  1. Hey Tanjina,
    CONGRATULATIONS! Really happy for you guys. Hope you are not worried anymore. When my sister was pregnant, she was skinny like you had issues gaining weight. She ate a lot of good fatty food, like avacado and full fat icecream. So maybe you'll have to try something full of fat to help gain some weight. Anyways, congratulations to you both, and I'll definetly check your blog more often now.

    Fatema Syeda

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you Fatema!
    You know what, I have been doing the same exact thing as your sister and I am seeing progress now! I feel healthier and I finally have an appetite. I am already seeing big changes this week and it just started. Very excited! Thanks once again.

    Tanjina

    ReplyDelete