20 January 2020

I entered IT and I am still Alive!

June 23, 2017:

I am back with more updates! First let me say that i am still sticking to the IT world! Hurrah! I have found my new field and i don't plan on fleeing this time.

So after that pre-programming course i took my first ever programming course and I was introduced to Java. The course was hardcore with lots of information to take in. One thing I have learned about Programming is first the hard stuff, then the good easy life.  So i am just learning everything which puts me in the hardest part of this subject....being familiar with IT terminology. So i took programming 1 and totally survived it! Then came programming 2 and it is kicking my butt! How? Well,  I'll start off by saying i have no book. It's based on a completely new language that i have never been formally introduced to ..C # ....and i was spending time with mom and dad back in the US for one month.  I am finally back to Stockholm and cramming for my programming 2 final.

Oh i am also working day shifts at the post office. Very tiring but at least I am getting paid. That's my summer job which means i still need a permanent job.

Oh let's write the most important part of all. I had applied for software developer school earlier this year and the selection process was nerve-wrecking. It was like applying for a career. Showing grades, cv,tests and interviews. But one thing i am satisfied about is this was the only school that asked for my original university grades. Finally a place where i can tell people i went to a good school and got educated even though i didn't finish it.  It breaks me every time I think about my incompletion. My parent's hard work's income went into paying my tuition fees.  And finally those university papers are showing some worth in this country.

So i prayed and prayed for a way to have a career very soon and this might be the answer....i got the acceptance letter yesterday! Congrats to me!!! (Since nobody knows hehe).

Ok i am going back to finish my c# project. Here is Tani, the amateur programming student saying byebye for now!

2 comments:

  1. That's so awesome!!!!! I'm so proud of you Tani!!! I understand the heart break, go) but it all happens for a reason. Also, how much Sweden don't recognize US degrees??

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank yo so much for the headsup T! You are right, there lies a reason behind every event. Now I understand it all.

    Great question you have asked. Sweden does not accept the request of the translation of incomplete degrees. Many women struggle in sweden because they come to this country with an incomplete degree. This means they have to start from scrtach. Whatever courses they had taken in their previous educational program gets thrown in the trash because it serves no value. Unless you complete your degree, your education serves no value to the country. You will have to start from ground 0 almost. I want the system to change this regulation, so that sweden will be able to accept credits instead of a degree. Then it wont take us 10yrs to achieve our goals.

    ReplyDelete