22 January 2020

Are you a Good Girl?

I had come across this awesome Tedx Talk by Camilla Lundin.  One of Stockholm's youngest and leading entrepreneurs.   CEO and Founder of Qalora Capital.  She talks about why you shouldn't be the "good girl", and how just daring and accepting your chances and mistakes can open a new gate to your highest possibilities to success. 



If it wasn't for Camilla Lundin's Tedx talk, I would have had one of the worst days of my life today.  I might have gone through a phase of depression, just like I have gone through earlier during the dark years in Sweden, through the very unfortunate tides of underestimation going through poor invisible me.  Poor me. 

Now let's think about these words carefully, "poor me".  The feeling of sympathy towards the self has always resulted in misery and unproductive days which I have been losing all this time.  Why say poor me, why me, when I can say NO, not me, not today.  I have to be my own hero.  It's how the world works.  I love myself, and I know how to approach myself.  I will not be hard on myself, but I will definitely challenge my heights because I know I have that in me. 

I have completed my first year as a professional in the field of IT.  Let me tell you what hit me hard     
Lessons learned last year and also relating to the video: 

Nice behaviour can be deceiving ..do not be fooled
Especially when you enter the professional world, there is not a single soul who will put you before themselves.  We complain that people are selfish, and yes, this is a fact.  We are human, and when we say people are selfish, we say that we ourselves are. And if that is not the case, then I say it's about time you become selfish!  Think for yourself and please prioritise, because it is up to you to make a difference.

Life is too short to complain about these matters.  Is somebody being selfish to you? Ok, here is a solution, you focus on yourself please.  Without hurting others, without leaving others in a mess.  Do it the "boss" way.  Do it like a real woman.

Don't say sorry, say thank you
Avoid apologizing, it will give all the excuses for somebody to potentially blame you in the future.  Do not expose your weakness by feeling sorry for yourself, but appreciate what you are given.  Instead of saying sorry, give an "I really appreciate your patience" reply. 

Learn how to express yourself,
Because nobody else knows you better than yourself.  You do not have any self description written on you for others to see.  Your clear valuable words bring out your originality.  Your actions prove your values. 

Be Tender and Kind
The most attractive feature of a person is their natural smile.  You face, your personality, your behaviour will define your image.  Don't ever forget that taking off ego, helping others, and spreading knowledge the best way possible are key qualities to being a true leader.  

No comments:

Post a Comment