25 February 2013

Pregnancy week 26 - I forgot all about this week

Yes I did! In the beginning of last week I had an appointment with my new midwife, since my original one just had her baby!  Is it just me or does it seem like February is the baby month? I've been hearing so many new birth announcements it's crazy! Bless them all.  I am pretty comfortable with my new midwife, she's cool.  Hopefully I will be in her place in the near future, talking to pregnant women while seeing the joy and anxiety in their faces as each month passes by. So here is what happened this week.

I got to hear my precious little munchkin's heartbeat last monday! Around 148.  Hubby missed it this time! He had work and I had no idea about hearing those fast thumps!  I remember when we went for the ultrasound back in January, my husband was all fascinated SEEING the heart thump twice as fast as ours.  He would have loved to actually HEAR it this time.  Even though I feel baby moving and kicking all day and night long, I got all emotional just hearing his heartbeat and started thinking how incredible it was that I'm carrying a little human being who grows every week.  I wonder where my stomach is??????? My bump is very hard now! I feel the baby taking up my entire midsection, and yes, by now I can tell where his head is...I can feel his little head sticking out just by placing my hand on my tummy.  My little angel!

So my midwife also took my blood to see if everythings fine.  The result is, my iron level dropped a bit more than before, which means my iron tablet dosage must be increased.  From once a day to twice.  So I had low iron level all this time.  No wonder I almost fainted a few times this year.  I always felt so weak.  A week has passed since I've increased the dosage and now I hardly feel dizzy.  I still have very low pressure.

She also measured my bump and she estimated that the baby sac is about 23cm.

I also had to book these new times for group sessions.  My husband and I will be attending those.  I guess they will introduce us to "labour stuff".  Oh, and whether I want epidural or not. My mom and mother-in-law had natural birth when they had us, but I don't know whether I can handle that.  I have a feeling I will be asking for the epidural when I go into labor.  I am so sensitive from my tummy down, it's insane.  I can't even handle a nice foot massage because I am weirdly ticklish on my feet, and knees.  Let's not even talk about going into labour!  Time will show everything.  Don't want to stress about that part now.  I've had enough first trimester!  Let me enjoy my last week of 2nd trimester! (So far the BEST trimester).

I craved...

Kebabs.  For you people living in Stockholm, I'm talking about that gigantic plate in Årsta they fillup with kebabs, frenchfries, and salad.  Love homemade paratas.  Had a bunch in the weekend.  

I also craved biscuits, but I think I mentioned that last week.  Chocolate cake and apple pie with vanilla ice cream.  Chocolate chip cookies.  I crave anything unhealthy.

I do, however, still love salted juicy ripened extra red tomatoes.  I actually like them more than pickles now!

I eat pretty much everything now.  Yogurt, milk, cheese and eggs are in my daily diet.  I love food.  I'm always hungry.  I don't know where all the food is going.  I gained 1.5 kg within 2 weeks.

Also, my first course for the semester in my nursing program has come to an end.  New course started today.  Time flies!

Exactly 3 more months until due date!

No comments:

Post a Comment