18 February 2013

Pregnancy Week 24 - Hello, month 6!

So week 24 has come to an end and I think my little man grew a bit more and he's trying out all sorts of sleeping positions to make himself all comfy in my little womb.  When mommy moves, he moves.  When mommy tries to sleep, however, he plays around.

Baby's most energetic time of the day is from 10am to 1pm.  He also loves doing his own little soccer training at 9pm.  It certainly feels amazing! My belly button irritates me, though.  It's a total outy!

My overall "high" bump just lowered a few inches.  Now I feel heavier and every time I sneeze it hurts! My bladder tells me to go to the bathroom right when I feel like dozing off.  I have some light headaches during the day, and oh, I feel great eating all the time except for that one morning when I suddenly threw up just eating some toast.  Throwing up while your baby is kicking you is NOT fun.

I have weird hormones.  I don't even know if I should blame my hormones for this or not.  Whenever I get plenty of rest, I get morning sickness.  On the other hand, I feel fine the days I stress about other things and keep myself busy not thinking about baby.  Like that one friday night I pulled an all-nighter for a paper for school.  I was overwhelmed and thought I would never be able to do it, since writing swedish papers still remain a challenge for me, but I got through it and met up with my fellow classmates the next morning (yes a saturday) to do group work.  Baby kicked all night so it was hard to fall asleep anyway!  But I promised myself to never do that again.

So my baby weighs over a pound now! I think he's about 13inches.  From this week on, he will start to fill up with all that yummy baby fat.  His lungs are well-developed so he is practicing breathing before coming out into the real world.

I am worried about writing up my paper!  It would have been much easier if I could do it in english.  Really!  But in the future all of my patients and coworkers will be speaking swedish so I might as well get the hang of it.

No comments:

Post a Comment