21 February 2013

Pregnancy Week 25 - Leg cramps!

Right before this week had ended, I was introduced to those painfully unpleasant cramps.  The first one happened while I was trying to sleep.  It was 5 in the morning, the time my bladder gives me the signal to get up, and all of a sudden I shoot up and start gasping for breath while I moan in pain.  I start getting spasms through my calv and oh my it was a horrible feeling in the darkness.  I scared the crap out of my husband.  He thought I was having contractions or something.  Thanks to him the pain eased  quickly.  Ever since that morning, I haven't really been able to walk as fast, stand on my tippytoes or go up and down the stairs normally.  I've been having minor cramps after that big ugly one.  Yup, it's normal for pregnant women to go through this.  This is something I will not miss.

Week 25 was ok (except for the cramps) and I had this crazy craving for red lobster's cheddar bay biscuits.  Too bad I live across seas.  I don't know what it is with me and junk food! I just love everything greasy.  I ate healthy this week though.  Tried to load on vitamin C and iron rich foods.  I don't think I got enough dairy products though.  I gained another pound.  Now I feel baby's constant movements all over the place from way above my navel to my placenta.  I can't lay down in one position for a long time but there are times when I really have no other choice but to lay down.  A few people felt him kick hard.  It felt like a basketball bouncing inside me, but side ways.  He seems to kick more when daddy feels him.

We are still trying to find the perfect name for our little one.

4 comments:

  1. Boys will be boys... no veggies for this one :D !

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey there Tani apu! I don't know if you remember me... haven't been in your blog in ages! You didn't update that frequently before so I didn't expect there to be many posts by now... but wow! And you're pregnant! Congratulations!! I'm going to subscribe here through Google Reader so I don't miss anything!

    /Rinth

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh boy! No veggies means this one will be just like daddy!

    Hey Rinth! How could I forget you, dear. Yup, I hardly had much to update before, but now it looks like things are finally starting to get together. Thank you and please keep us in your prayers :) I will definitely be updating more often now. Hope you are doing well!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I will! The whole baby thing is so exciting, especially since my nephew was born a year and a half ago and I witnessed his delivery!! Ok that part was NOT exciting for ME, but nevertheless I feel I have some expertise in the area :D. If you ever want any advice on how to teach your baby the wrong stuff (my bhabi probably secretly hates me!), you're more than welcome to ask me :D!

    ReplyDelete