25 April 2013

Pregnancy week 34 and 35 : Time flies!

We have catching up to do! I've been so forgetful these days that my blog posts haven't even been keeping me on track.  I have no idea when week 34 passed, all I remember is going to my midwife a couple of days ago and she told me I just began my 36th week.  I know I totally lost it.  I think I was just really nervous with studies, labor and everything combined.  So much in my mind.  I'll tell you all about it today.  Here's what's been going on in my mind...

My Baby. . 

My little baby's heartbeat just got a bit faster.  He is such an active little boy already, bless him.  When my midwife pressed down to find his head It felt so damn weird! I felt all the pressure.  My midwife had fun measuring my bump.  The shape and size kept changing because the lil one kept on moving his butt and legs from one side to the other.  Every time I'm with a midwife or my husband, he always does that.  It's like he knows whose around him already.  So this is how my little darling is situated...(at this very moment he is hiccupping). 



Pressure in school..

Like I said earlier, to swedes this first semester would be a piece of cake but it's just another story for me.  I spend more than double the time trying to interpret the litterature because some words are still foreign to me.  To add on to that, I went into a profession where good communication and verbal skills are the key components to getting through with both healthcare providers and patients.  I can't just google translate my litterature, you know.  I've been making a simple list of my own to keep handy, whatever I study.  

Just some common health-related terminology that were quite new to me in the beginning:

  • insöndring - secretion
  • kärl - vessel
  • motstånd - resistance
  • hjärtats slagvolym - volume of blood being pumped per minute
  • att häma - to inhibit
  • prestationsförmåga - performance
  • blekhet - paleness
  • förebygga- to prevent
  • lindra - to relieve 
  • ömhet - soreness, tenderness
..and the list goes on. 

I had a practical yesterday covering patient-care and stuff and although the practical went well, I was nervous as hell and I confessed to both of my teachers how overwhelming some of the readings seem to me before I even try to do some sort of tillämpning... what's the word in english damn it....right.. APPLYING KNOWLEDGE.  I tried not to sound like I was complaining, because I am the one responsible for my grades afterall, and they completely understood.  My teacher, the sweetheart that she is, suggested I send her summaries of everything I read so she can get an idea of how much I'm grasping.   

Our new place..

...and the packing continues.  My goodness, I have no idea how I've been able to fit 6 huge loaded suitcases full of just MY clothes in a medium sized wardrobe for the past few years.  The new house's closets are already filled with entirely my clothes, I haven't even packed up hubby's stuff.  Need to do some major rearranging when we are permanantly moving in.  

We finally got our livingroom and bedroom lights and we absolutely love them.  We act like kids when we play around with the remote to change the different kinds of lightsettings.  I am thinking of doing a before and after picture of our apartment once everything is ready.  So far we have all the main furnitures.  What we need now is silverware, plates and bowls, FOOD, entertainment set, and all that... the list goes on.. talk about being broke.  I will think about decorating much later. 

My physical state...

I've been walking frequently, more like wobbling.  I get so tired. Seriously, it feels like I'm carrying a bowling ball.  When I stand for long periods of time my hips kill me and I can hardly move.  I get exhausted in the mornings. It's getting worse nowadays.  I HAVE to lay down for a while when I feel dizzy, which is every morning.  I have to drink lots n lots of water.  That's the only thing that's actually helping me.  Afternoons and evenings are very pleasant.  

My bump looks so brused up with all these stretch marks and that dark linear nigra going down the middle from my belly button, which doesn't even look like a belly button anymore!  

I can eat and eat without ever feeling full.  So far I have gained 10kg throughout the entire pregnancy but I really don't know where the 10 kg is.  It seems like I didn't gain much anywhere with the exception of my bump.  I seriously thought when I would get pregnant my face with blow up and get round.  Every pregnancy is different though, so who knows, maybe next time it will be different.  But for now I'm praying that my first little prince makes it to the world safely.  We are all so excited to see him!

No comments:

Post a Comment