10 April 2013

Pregnancy Week 32: Is it really happening?

This week made me realize how pregnant I really am.  The earlier weeks were just focused on the bump and stuff but THIS specific week made me wake up from my little lala land.  Wake up Tani, you won't be pregnant forever, and that baby will eventually come out and your life will change forever.  You know?

My husband and I, along with other new parents, went to this informative 4-hour long session guided by a midwife, about childbirth, breastfeeding, newborn care and all that fun stuff (i hope you grasp my sarcasm here).  Although I've seen many kinds of childbirth videos before, the one that was shown to us that day freaked the hell out of me.  Was it because it finally hit me? The fact that I will be doing the same thing next month????  And I got extra teary when I saw a newborn coming out of a mommy's womb.  No seriously, my throat felt thick and I chocked.  I was never this emotional before! Hubby's face lit up whenever he saw a baby's face in the videos we watched.  I can't wait till we get to carry our own.  I really don't know what we're going to do with the little munchkin.  He will be so spoiled.

We started signing up for these free gift packets online for first-time parents.  Hey, how can you say no to free goodies? So we picked up our first babybox at a baby store nearby.  The quantity wasn't much, but it was a good headstart to prepare myself for the future.  Diapers, babywipes, shampoos, towels and so on.

How am I feeling?

Really tired.  The bump got heavier and lowered a few inches and I can feel the pressure.  Can not sit properly because I feel like exploding.

I bent down and even squatted a few times to get something and I regret ever doing that again.  My knee is killing me. So is my back.

In the mornings, I feel extra dizzy.  My heartrate shoots up.  I mean, it has always been higher than usual, but ever since 2nd trimester it has gone up crazy high in the mornings. I always have to lean or laydown somewhere to prevent myself from fainting.  Never felt this way before.

My belly itches so damn much.  It is very irritating.  Lotion or oil does not help at all.  Nowadays, I can't even feel the center of my bump.  Skin cells got numb or something, I don't know.  I guess it stretched out and swelled way too much.

I can't believe it's happening.  I am due next month this is just too freaky.  I miss my old body.  I can't wait to hold my baby and actually be able to move normally.  His knee is always sticking out on the left side of my bump.

I'm just tired.

No comments:

Post a Comment