02 April 2013

Pregnancy Week 31 - can't sleep, can't sit or stand for too long

I had to reschedule a time with my midwife since I've been so forgetful these days.  My appointment was ofcourse 2 weeks too late, but at least I finally got to see my new midwife again (2nd visit).

Last time I visited her, she measured me and listened to his heartbeat and stuff.  She did the same this week.  As of the first appointment, my iron level was too low so she increased my dosage to 2 tablets (100mg each) a day.  Well, after 5 weeks, my iron level improved a bit, but she still recommends me to take 2 iron tablets a day.  I still have normal sugar level, free from diabetes and very low blood pressure (90/60) which might be why I feel dizzy every morning.  I've gained 3 more kg since the last visit (gaining a pound a week) and my bump, although it seems huge to me, has only increased a few centimeters, now at 35cm I think.  My midwife says the size may also vary depending on how the baby is positioned inside.  Little guy's heartbeat is still the same, around 157.

How exactly is baby right now? 

He is getting ready for to get out in less than 2 months, so he's upside down!  My midwife was saying how my skinny self is so easy for her to locate where my baby is.  Some people think something is seriously wrong with me since I don't look fat, and the only thing that's growing is my belly.  But hey, as long as my midwife says I'm doing fine, I really don't care what others say, 'cause trust me, I am eating eating eating...i love food!  So when some kind of weird little minibump stuck out of my belly I just had to ask what was sticking out!  She was saying that was his tiny little knee.  Then we felt his cute little back, and then finally, the part that freaked me out, where his head was located! My goodness so close to the way out! Shit! Sorry...it's just amazing when I think about it.  A human being inside another human being.  

How am I feeling so far?

I feel restless.  I can't sleep.  I get leg cramps at night, and pressure against my bladder, my pelvic area.  I feel him trying to fit in my tiny self, pushing the hip bones, as freaky as that sounds, that's exactly what's going on.  Changing sides while sleeping is a pain!  Extra pillows aren't helping very much.  

My back is really killing me now.  I have lower back pain, the bone seriously stings.  I have to sit or stand up slowly and carefully..I feel so old already.  

There's something I've been thinking about.  I think pregnant women shouldn't be too health-conscious.  They all just need to relax as much as they are able to, because the entire process can be so challenging.  During my first and 2nd trimesters I was so conscious about eating iron-rich foods but oh look at me, I'm stuck with iron tablets.  I've been eating sweets like crazy but my sugar level is just fine.  I'm not saying eat unhealthy, just take it easy.  Enjoy whatever you eat, and if you crave for something go ahead and take advantage of your cravings during this wonderful time of your life.  Give your body a break! What's meant to happen will happen no matter what you do.  

Looking forward to week 32... "first-time parents" session.  

4 comments:

  1. Its an amazing journey (tell u from my experience)!:) Wish you all the luck for the last weeks. Didnt you have any baby shower?

    ReplyDelete
  2. It sure is :) My respect for all the mommies have immensely gone up as well. Thank you for the kind words. I don't think i'll be having a baby shower this time..would have been better if family was nearer.. but hopefully my parent's will be coming next month around the time of my expected due date and I can't wait to see them!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Just found your blog today. I hope all goes well with your pregnancy.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you very much! A woman learns so much from her first pregnancy.

    ReplyDelete