18 April 2013

Pregnancy Week 33: New keys to our new home!

I will be honest. I just started my 34th week and here I am sitting and breathlessly writing about week 33. 
My baby got bigger I can feel it and so can anybody who touches my belly.  Although it may not look so big compared to other 8-month bumps, it is pretty hard and you can actually feel wear his back or knees are.  This means I get absolutely no sleep at all.  Ok, maybe 5min naps through the entire night, with some crazy dreams.  I can't sit because my bump got lower! I still like to eat a lot.  I still feel drousy in the mornings and if I don't lay down for a while in a cool place I would most probably faint. That, however did not happen the day I went all the way to my school campus to do some practical nursing exercises.

If I wasn't so pregnant I really would have enjoyed it.  Really.  Because we actually did hands-on stuff as healthcare providers.  Every time I did a simple patient-to-nurse exercise, it felt like I ran a mile.  I will tell you why I felt so tired.  This practical took place in the middle of nowhere.  I had to take the train from the central station in Stockholm.  So it took me more than 2 hours to just get there.  My practical was 9 hours long.  Yeah, there goes my day.  I woke up at 5am, or more like "getting up" since I couldnt sleep all night.  I came back at 6:30pm, but the highlight of my day was coming back to open the door to our new apartment!  Apparently this was the same day we had gotten our house keys!

I can't get over how warm and welcoming I already feel seeing our apartment finished.  We haven't moved in yet.  We are still waiting for some furniture and stuff.  And i really need to get rid of some old clothes that will never ever fit me again.  Clothes are actually the only thing we really have to take with us.  We don't have much moving to do.  Hubby has been ordering everything brand new so just imagine how broke we are becoming.

I'm a bit worried about this cold flu that have been going around in Stockholm.  Already 2 in the house got sick...4 to go.  I thought I caught the cold last week but seemed to have recovered with 2 days.  I don't think that was the real thing.  But I really don't want to get sick while im pregnant.  Especially NOW.

Let's see what my midwife says next week.  My stretch marks really suck.  I don't think they'll ever go away.

By the way, I've been thinking of a name for my lil one.  We came up with one and we think this time this just might be the right one.  Stay tuned will update next week!  

No comments:

Post a Comment