28 March 2013

Pregnancy Week 30 - and I lost track again

Week 30 flew. I don't even remember what happened this week.  I've been doing so much reading on nursing that I got carried away and forgot all about my appointment with the midwife, which was 2 weeks ago.  Yup.  I totally lost it.  This isn't the first time I have been so forgetful.  I had to reschedule.  At least I remember to take my iron tablets on time.  I seriously don't know where my mind has been these days!

Something that made me smile this week...

I had another meeting with my group earlier during the week, and one of my group members just had her newborn little boy 3 weeks ago.  She couldn't find anybody to look after him so she had to bring him along that day.  We all got to see the little guy.  He was barely 3 weeks and my goodness, my heart was flooded with warmth when I saw that angel.  I don't quite remember when I last saw a newborn up close.  And considering that, InshaaAllah, I will soon be holding one of my own, I just couldn't stop staring at him.  I really look up to the mommy.  We're about the same age and she is managing to take care of her newborn AND her other 1.5 year old son, all while she's studying.  The best part was when she suited her lil munchkin up before heading out in windy stockholm.  So tiny, light, cushiony, and absolutely to die for!

I wonder how mine will be.
Will he sleep all the time? Will he cry a lot? Be hungry often? Smile? Will I be able to burp him the right way?  I really don't know what to expect! I'm so used to having him in my womb now...it's hard to picture what I will be doing when he's a newborn.  I think of the times when  he will turn 1...2...5..even teenager...but a newborn...newborns are soooo delicate... I don't know what to expect! I'm excited yet nervous...

No comments:

Post a Comment