12 March 2013

Pregnancy Week 28 - Hello 3rd trimester!

Dear Baby,
Yes, I know, you must think we're bad parents already since we haven't found you a name yet, but really, we are looking for the "best" one that fits only for you.  After all, you are not some character in one of my lame stories.  You will be called this name for the rest of your life.  Besides, everytime your daddy and I start listing these boy names, you never seem to respond, little guy.  What's up with that?  Do you not like any of the names we have come up with so far? Your daddy truely believes that the "right" name will be the one that  YOU respond to by giving him a high five...while you're in my tummy.  Crazy talk right? Yeah, that's your dad.

You started growing more I think.  I really feel the pressure when you move all day!  My tummy is stretching for you!  I feel heavier too...not 'cause I gained weight, but because of you weighing about 2.5 Ibs already, MashAllah.

This week your head got bigger, due to your wonderful growing brain.  I know you will be one very intelligent person.  You'll make mommy daddy proud one day.  Nah, you already make us proud...just make sure you do whatever your heart tells you to do.  Whatever makes you happy will make us happy.  

By the way, your head, or something, kicked my stomach way too many times yesterday!  I had really bad tummy aches the entire day and did not feel like studying at all!  Looks like I have to make up for that today.

Mommy has been eating a little of everything.  Mostly daal (lentil soup) with rice for lunch and dinner.  Surprisingly a lot of fish and fish oil (something I used to hate when I was a child).  Spicy food is back!  As for sweets, I still crave chocolate chip cookies and ice cream.  Eating fruits and lots of water, dairy products and so on.  Still on iron tablets (twice a day, now that my iron level got low).  Oh yeah, and lots of green veggies.

So a good friend of mine reminded me about something very important during this time of pregnancy.  To do extra prayers for my baby.  Now that I'm on 3rd trimester, I can't thank Allah enough for keeping both me and my baby in good health.  I only pray that it continues to be this way and that I get a healthy child who will come safely into this world.  

No comments:

Post a Comment