23 February 2011

The Ugly Duckling in Sweden

Swedish people are the most beautiful people i have ever seen.  No doubt about that.

This is what my husband told me before i visited Sweden.  What i realized is that I hadn't seen breathtaking beauty until I actually did visit this country.  My husband was right. 

As a girl, i stare at how pretty the girls are.  THey are like dolls, angels, models, you name it.  Flawless beauty with their blue eyes and blonde hair.  Perfect slim body, perfect height, high fashion sense with their polished look, both men and women. 
I'm shorter, chubbier, messy-haired regular girl. I just feel like the ugliest bum in the planet.

This is not only coming from me, but many other girls that i have talked to in Sweden, who moved from another country to live with their boyfriend or husband.  That it is certainly a challenge surviving in Stockholm as a girl, with all the angels around you looking 10 times better than you.  Makes you feel like you don't even have a chance.
More competition, huh.

I don't think we should worry so much about that.  We need to focus on our innerbeauty. Be yourself. 

We all have a unique quality within ourselves which makes us different from one another.  We should appreciate that inner quality, the true beauty that shapes our personality.   

I wouldn't blame any girl who feels like the ugly duckling, because I feel that way sometimes.  More before than now.

That sorry little duck became everybody's favorite swan. 

So just put a smile on that lovely face and keep your standards high.  A beautiful woman is one who appreciates true inner beauty and has high self-esteem.

So instead of feeling left out when you are around tall godesses, just appreciate it.  And appreciate the way you are.

2 comments:

  1. Tall goddesses? I may be tall, but I am NOT a goddess. But I do agree with being different. Glad to know that I'm not the only Bengali girl that feels that way.

    ReplyDelete
  2. God I came across this and this is EXACTLY how I feel. Five (5!!!!) years has past and I still feel the ugliest here and I keep fighting with my ugly and I keep loosing it. This is so horrible..I do not know how long can I do this...:(

    ReplyDelete