27 February 2011

Art of the Day

Long back, I used to be ten times quieter and most of the things that went through my head was more often shown on a white plane paper than expressed in words.  I was a shy girl, still am!
Over time I got busier with studies and i kind of gave up on drawing and painting and I started forgetting all about the beauty of it.  
My friends, family, and my husband keeps telling me about continueing before i start regretting it.  So nowadays I started sketching again.  I almost forgot how much i love art.

I drew this one last night after dinner. 

For some reason i had all these thoughts about domestic violence on my mind.  I thought about the importance of happiness in a family.  How the surroundings of children affects them in the long run.

This is a picture of an average family.  A family that seems perfect to the world and nobody but the kids know the real story which  goes inside the house.  Never leaves the house.

Fighting, battering, yelling, screaming, objects being thrown...these are all things that go on in a daily basis in this house. 

The kids are at a stage where they are learning about everything.  They are at that age when they lock everything they see, hear, in their brains.  They will never forget what they see and hear almost every night.  But are the parents even paying attention to that?

How do you think that little boy and girl's mentallity will be about creating a family of their own in the future?  They will have this fear in them.  When they realize that not every parent is this way, how will they feel then?

Most of us will be parents some day..some already are..this is one thing we should all think about.  We need to think about the children, the ones that never did a single thing to deserve this.

2 comments: