22 February 2011

Sara the Swedish Teacher - THE BEST blog for learning swedish

I came to Sweden around the end of March 2010 and got registered immediately to SFI, starting sfi class in the beginning of April.  I completed my entire SFI last month, January 2011, AND got paid 12000 kr  as sfi bonus, for completing sfi in less than a year. 

When i first started learning swedish, every in my mind was jumbled up.  I seriously had no idea where to start because it all seemed so impossible.  My first month was horrible.  I understood nothing, I only knew how to say "jag heter Tani" and "hejdå", and I knew it will take me a while to get used to this new, strange language that everyone kept babbling in.

A few months later when i finally forced myself to pay attention to swedish through watching at least half an hour of swedish tv in the morning and reading a small article from the Metro newspaper without understanding a single thing, and overhearing others speak swedish, I finally came across this website in http://www.thelocal.se/ called "The Swedish Teacher".  

The Local is an excellent website for english speakers living in Sweden.  It has everything from A-Z about Sweden.  How to live, what to do, where to do it.  I started using this webside from the time i decided to apply for residency permit in Sweden.  It has all the information you will ever have to know about living.  It keeps you informed about jobs, news, benefits, has discussions, and my most favorite, Sara the Swedish Teacher. 

When i came across this brilliant teacher's blog, it made my life easier.  She literally rescued me from sinking into a deep pond of confusion. 

Grammar questions, how to differentiate among different meanings, phrases, words, how to understand the every day language, how to SPEAK the every day language.  

She basically organizes everything floating in your mind about the swedish language. 

After looking at a few posts on her blog, not only did i know more than everybody else in my class, but i got impressive comments from my teachers about my writing and oral explanations.  I've recommened this site to other students and whoever went to this learned something useful and came to never forget the lesson because Sara teaches it so incredibly well.  It's just amazing. 

Jag är faktiskt tacksam för det.

I am in the verge of finishing SAS grund, and even now, I visit Sara's blog and learn new things from each post.  Big difficult things that are so hard for teachers to explain and students to grasp. 

My 2 secret tools and best friends that are making me succeed in svenska:  Folkets Lexikon and Sara the Swedish Teacher.

1 comment:

  1. The Swedish language depends a lot on gender of a word. It controls what form an adjective should be in and what plural/article ending to use.you can easily learn swedish phrases.there are many oppourtunities to learn swedish.

    ReplyDelete