17 May 2013

Pregnancy Week 39: Contractions I guess?

Here I am at the end of week 39 and I am just sitting here going with the flow.  Everything is so calm, even my baby is calm.  I mean, he moves all day and I can definitely feel his head and stuff, but movement is just different.  He was like this even during my last midwife appointment a week and a half ago and the midwife checked on him saying everything was normal.  So this waiting process is driving me nuts! And I thought I was impatient during first trimester!  Why are things so calm?  Not that I want it to go crazy just yet... but I keep thinking about the significant quiet moment nature presents, when everything is still, the wind stops blowing, birds become silent, and suddenly that great tornado approaches, does it's job and you finally realize how important life is to you.

I have no idea what to expect! I just can't wait to hold my baby...but at the same time, I am a nervous wreck. My life is going to change I feel it.  First-time-mommy and even though I am ready as ever, I am starting to realize that things won't always be centered around ME anymore.  I won't let it happen.  Motherhood is taking over me and it's a wonderful feeling already.

What's going on with my body...

All I hear pregnant women say is they get early contractions with uneven intervals and I have no idea what they talk about.  How am I supposed to know what a contraction feels like??? I feel stupid even asking myself this.  I know all women just kinda know...just like how they knew the time they had their first period? (and I thought I was dieing).

For the past 3 days I've been having light menstrual-like cramps in the morning.  It would start around the same time at 6 or 7am and go away after half an hour.  It just comes and goes and no it does not come every 5 minutes.  So I guess this is what you call early contractions?  A sign that labour is close... I'm calm...how am I calm????? Will I stay calm when it's actually TIME? I have no idea...   

1 comment:

  1. Good luck and I hope that everything will go well with you and your family ! :)

    ReplyDelete