07 May 2013

Pregnancy Week 37: What's in a name...

A lot happened this week.  First off, I had a written exam which I thought was one of the hardest exams I've ever taken for this semester.  I suck at written tests in english so I don't even know what I did last thursday afternoon, scribbling page after page in swedish.  I'm worried.  Then I was busy with packing and unpacking, moving things to the new apartment.  At this point, getting up after sitting for just 5 minutes feels tiring let alone cleaning up the apartment.  It takes time to get adjusted to a new place and actually making it a home.  Shopping for the new home will never end.  There are so many small things we still need.  The main stuff is over with, now it's all about decorating.  We finally invited hubby's entire family to the new place and took a short walk around the area over the weekend. Now let's talk about the new family member we are all waiting for patiently.

Dear Baby,

Now that you are considered full-term, ready to make your entrance into this world, mommy has decided to give you your name.  We have been thinking and thinking for the name that would suit you best for the past 6 months but it's so hard you know.  If there's something I like, dad doesn't, and vice versa.  This name is something everybody seems to agree with, and most importantly, it feels like it's best suited for you.

The name is of Arabic origin, and it's basic meaning is "safegaurd", "pledge", "protecting" which all link to a meaningful individual who carry the qualities of honesty, bravery, and modesty.  I pray that you grow up to be a trustworthy person who will always offer protection.  A person who can handle himself and others with care.  And ofcourse, I don't want anybody screwing with your name.  So I tried to find a simple yet meaningful name for you in which everybody in the world will be able to pronounce.  So here it is...

Isaam.  Isaam Feroz. Hopefully we will finally get to hold you in 3 weeks.  Mommy is very close to losing patience! My dear Isaam.  See you soon...InshaaAllah. 

No comments:

Post a Comment