25 August 2015

How my skin and well-being improved

I had horrible skin before and now, my face is surprisingly glowing after many years of hearing criticism.  I give credit to the mommy hormones!  So i had extremely oily skin which has changed to normal skin, but I still did get a few breakouts during certain times of the month, which left scars on my face.  That problem, however, seemed to disappear, and now I think I know why!

I clean my face differently:

Before:
I would buy a good cleanser for acne-prone skin and wash, even over-wash, my face every night before going to bed.  I even skipped many nights of putting on a moisturizer clearly because I knew moisturizers made me breakout during the night.

Now:
Whether I have makeup on or not, I spread cold-pressed coconut oil all over my face and massage.  I take a babywipe and take off all impurities on every inch of my face.  Then I wash my face with warm water.  Pat dry.  I put on a light nightcream for normal skin.

I eat differently:

Before:
I would occasionally eat the stuff that was great for your skin until I just gave up and ate junk food.  Greasy food, sweets, cakes, cookies, milk chocolate, just everything sweet and or greasy!  Not to mention soft drinks!  The next week I would have pizza face! Although some say it is a myth, I strongly believe that your face will reflect your diet.

Now:
I totally cut back on junk food. (Accept for the occasional ice cream..i just cannot resist!). I eat salmon or anything with omega 3 and fishoil.  Salmon with steamed veggies are the best!  If you plan on eating veggies then please do not overcook them and kill all the nutritious components your body needs!  I always have milk, eggs, and turkish yoghurt in my refrigerator.  My breakfast includes oats with milk and strawberry jam, whole wheat bread and cheese.  A healthy breakfast is key to a healthy you, and definitely glowing skin! Always include a fresh salad with your meals.

---I drink more water!---
-i take a multivitamin- because I know I dont take all needed vitamins in a day or even a week.

Sleep and waking up:

Before:  -I would wake up and rush to do things before.  No matter what time it was, early or late I would always stress about the day and feel like time is slipping away from my hands.

Now:
I wake up way ahead of time from my regular schedule so I can have some "just me time" and it is very motivational and calming!  Treat yourself with good food, some yoga and calming music.  You will have a nice day after that!It will show on your face!  So forget about those cucumbers on your eyes.

I have a day cream! Eucerin even brighter.  It made my scars go away and it suits my skin perfectly!

I also have a routine!

A healthy one!

No comments:

Post a Comment