25 August 2015

Update on my life

Time slips away from the hands like sand.  I couldn't stress on how realistic that phrase has been for me and how this simile is taking over my life month by month. 

We tend to believe that we have total control over our lives, which is a very strong and smart way to consider your life, however, there are situations that we have absolutely no self-control over.  Let me give some examples:  Planning to have another baby, a non-swede getting a very Swedish job immediately, or perhaps getting rid of that extra blob of post-pregnancy tummy skin through healthy eating and exercise.  You cannot always assume these things will happen.  Some things must be accepted the way they are.  

These are a few of my problems that I shared with you today.  I could continue ranting but I will stop for a moment and think about the positive aspects of my life. Let me give some examples:  My son has started day-care and he is almost 2.5 years old.  He is growing up way too fast and I am starting to see his own personality coming out from that baby body that I always see and will see in him.  I am done with school.  No more studying, cramming, and stressing over assignments and exams and most importantly, passing.  I have studied the things I wanted to and had to study, I do have a very supportive husband and a wonderful son, and although I might have extra saggy skin that will never go away, I still have a healthy body that works properly.

I will be turning 30 next year.  I should obviously experience both tangible and intangible alterations.
So there is no need to fear the upcomings of my life.  I am too old to be scared.  

No comments:

Post a Comment