15 August 2013

A very overdued post

I apologize I left you hanging! After having my little angel I forgot the world!  First off let me update you guys with the very late but great news.  On May 25th 9:02pm we gave birth to a beautiful healthy boy and we named him Isaam.  My husband was by my side for the entire 15 hours of pain, and together we made this baby come out...a normal birth which I was not expecting!  I seriously thought I needed medications because I was having a hard time picturing myself in labour with no painkillers and making a baby come out from a tiny me.  But that was before I knew what God gave us for inner strenghth as women, as mothers, and now it all makes sense!

I am thankful to have such a smooth pregnancy (after first trimester, that is), and having no pain at all even when my water broke unexpectedly... I will never forget the contractions I went through the entire night...the night before Isaam was born.. I hated the feeling, something that is very hard to explain.  The labour pains were unbearable but I was somehow tolerant.  To some it all up, it was an amazing experience.  At the end, it was all worth it.  I never knew were would get this emotional during the entire process.  The best part was, I had all the support from my amazing husband.  I was able to hold my baby right after he came out, and breastfed him right away.  Both my in-laws and parents were there to see their beautiful grandson.

Moments I will never forget from that day:

-When we called Södrasjukhus after I started getting the REAL contractions, and the midwives on the phone did not believe us and wanted me to stay home.
-The warm bath I took after arriving to the hospital and getting our private room.  My husband helping me the entire time.
- the 2 times I threw up from feeling so damn sick.  I was NOT expecting that.
-I thought the water breaking meant it would come out and then its over.  I did NOT know that water will continuously be coming out until the baby was born!
-How we tried all sort of things to ease the pain during my contractions and PUSHES (bouncy ball, resting elbows while standing, squatting, laying sideways (which was the final delivery position).
-I will never forget how my husband helped me.  Without him it would not have been possible!
-The time when it was a couple hours until Isaam would arrive, and the midwife made me feel my babys HEAD making its way out (thats when i started pushing with all my willpower).
-I will never forget my last pushes, the hardest and most painful, unforgettable ones, the ones wear I held and squeezed my husband tight and just had to stare into his eyes so I wont lose myself while I was screaming and breathing like a maniac.  (I sometimes wonder how he stayed so strong?)
-The moment when the midwives were taking Isaam out, the face my husband made while he was so awestruck and emotional...His voice breaking down to say that "you did it" ....priceless
-The moment right after that, when I did not see him yet, but heard him let out a small cry...tears..
-Congratulations it's a boy... when I saw my Isaam...the midwife giving me my angel to hold close to my heart...while my husband was cutting the cord.
-Isaam's first smile, first dimples, minutes after birth, him smiling while daddy held him.
-The afterbirth thing coming out from my body..yuck... thats something hard to forget.. ehh... but i was trying to picture my baby in there... he was in that thing for 9 months!

I was due a day before my due date... the day before mother's day.  Having him was the best mother's day gift in the world.  God bless....

There is so much to say about this little miracle who is growing so fast!  First baby...so many things to learn as parents! I will keep you updated this time!

No comments:

Post a Comment