21 August 2013

New baby, new semester, new things to think about...

So Isaam is no longer a newborn but I still look at him as this little miracle of my life and I guess that feeling will never change but grow as he grows and as I age as a concerned mother.

My Isaam will turn 3 months in a few days..oh how time flies! He has grown and changed so much in these 3 months. Things i've learned and never knew before becoming a mother:

-a baby has to take in so much milk.  I breastfeed fulltime and only now is the schedule becoming a bit stable, but I still have to feed almost every hour.
-a baby's skintone keeps changing so much.  One day he's pink, next day he's red, purple, yellow... you just never know how he'll look next.
-babies grow over night, especially this one!
-sometimes they sleep nonstop other times they never sleep at all...makes you wonder where they get all the energy for moving nonstop, talking or crying.
-Isaam's dimpled smile is priceless

I am still working on getting him used to the bottle.  He just hates formula milk and he despises the bottle.  He would prefer a pacifier over a hideous bottle and he hates both of them.  I don't know how he will survive the days I need to leave him to take my exams.  I have a few days to get him drinking from a bottle.  My class for the new semester starts pretty soon and I have to be there the first day.  I don't know what will happen I need all the luck there is!

Keeping my fingers crossed and trying my best to feed Isaam with a bottle a couple hours a day.

No comments:

Post a Comment