15 March 2015

Taking a new step in my new life

I have been living in Sweden for quite a while.  It will be 5 years in March pretty soon.  How shocking how time flies, as if it literally was yesterday that I was a newly married woman with little knowledge in a foreign language and the job market.

I unfortunately let go of one of my favorite subjects, science, only because I was not passionate enough to get through nursing school in the middle of nowhere to finally get a job in stockholm.  I needed a convinient education where it would eventually help me get a convinient job where I can work around the hours of my family life.  Yes, convinient the key word for my present situation in life.  My priority in life right now is to spend as much time as I can with my one and only son.  To spend enough time with my wonderful family, my little prince and his big guy, my first ever prince charming.  I don't ever want look back and regret.  Our time here in this world is very short.

I am now studying business administration, a very familiar subject that I have studied previously.  I am so far satisfied with the occupational line since it is a much lighter area than healthcare. It's all about being positive, keeping it clean and organized...everything.  How bad can that be? It will actually teach me some stuff about everyday stuff at home.

Speaking of which, I really need to get things organized at home!  I love our compact yet classy apartment but things get cluttered so easily, especially with a toddler on the go.  My biggest challenge is to make enough space for our clothes and keeping a spacy, clean kitchen.  I gave up on cleaning up my little prince's toys.  The second i pick them up and put them inside his little bag he takes a few right out.  Eventually he ends up putting them all back in the bag if he's happy enough.. A real prince he thinks he is i tell ya! I love that little heart of mine! He will turn 2 in 2 months, my goodness!  I wonder how he will react with a baby sibling? Hmm... 

1 comment:

  1. Dear Tanjina,
    I am writing on behalf of Newcomers, a Stockholm based relocation company. We enjoyed reading your blog and wondered if you would be interested in guest blogging for us.
    We have a new section on our website called Expat Stories where you can read about other expats’ relocation to Sweden. We would be delighted if you could share some of your experiences of moving to and living in Sweden with us – and fellow expats.
    We would appreciate if you could have a look at our website www.newcomers.se and let us know if this could be of interest to you. In the meantime, please do not hesitate to contact me with any questions that you might have.
    We look forward to hearing from you.
    Best regards
    Anne Pihl
    editor@newcomers.se
    www.newcomers.se

    ReplyDelete